After the previous bone, I got requests for some more, so here comes another recipe for all the abstainers (except paleo dieters who abstain from legumes).
Cold Black Lentil Salad
– Put a cup of black lentils in a large bowl and fill with boiling water to approx. 2 cm above the lentils
– Soak for about 30 min (add boiling water if necessary)
– Strain and place in a saucepan with 1.5 cups of water
– Bring to the boil and cook on low heat for 30-40 until slightly soft (add water if necessary)
– Add 1-2 tsp salt and cook for 5 min.
– Strain, let cool to room temperature, cover and transfer to refrigerator
Preparing the dressing
In a small bowl, mix:
– 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
– 2 tsp light brown sugar
– 2 tsp blueberry/raspberry syrup
– 2 tsp olive oil
-4 crushed garlic cloves
Add half a handful of finely chopped fresh mint and/or basil leaves
Pour the dressing over the lentils, mix, cover & refrigerate.
This post is also available in: Hebrew